- Recreational marijuana use is legal in 10 US states, while medicinal marijuana is legal in 33
- CBD oils and CBD-containing products are appearing in specialty shops, pharmacies, and medical marijuana dispensaries.
- Recent polls reveal that 55 million Americans currently use marijuana and one in every seven adults uses CBD products.
- There is an increased possibility that members of the general public will be consuming cannabis or CBD along with prescription or over-the-counter medications.
- As evidenced by the May 31, 2019 FDA public hearing, many other questions exist surrounding CBD safety in regard to consumption levels, consuming multiple products simultaneously, pregnancy and child exposure to CBD products, and prolonged usage of CBD.
This program is presented through a grant from Greenwich Bioscience.
Who should attend:
- Healthcare Professionals who have patients using medical or recreational marijuana, especially who practice in states with legalized or decriminalized recreational marijuana
- Healthcare Professionals who have added or are considering adding CBD products to their practice
- Healthcare Professionals with patients using OTC products containing CBD purchased elsewhere
- Healthcare Professionals who work in dispensaries
Welcome & Introductions
Susan Bartlemay, RPh, FACA, FAPhA, Executive Vice-President, American College of Apothecaries
Beyond the Buzz: Legal and Regulatory Issues Relating to CBD
Alice Mead, JD, LLM, Vice President of US Public Policy, Greenwich Biosciences
CBD: Clinical Data and Quality Considerations
Kathryn Nichol, PhD Senior Director, Medical Affairs, Greenwich Biosciences
Cannabis and Your Patient: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
Thomas C. Kupiec, PhD, ARL Bio Pharma
Making Sense of the Cannabis Chaos
Daniel A. Hussar, PhD, Dean Emeritus and Remington Professor Emeritus of the Philadelphia College of Pharmacy, University of the Sciences
Organizing a CBD Education and Awareness Campaign
Fred Mayer, RPh, MPH, FACA, Chairman, PPSI